To begin with, a very happy birthday to my favorite actress Priyanka Chopra. She was born today on 18th July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Her parents were doctors in the Indian Army. She was raised in various parts of the country considering her parents frequently relocated due to their job. She also lived in America for a few years in her teenage. She has a younger brother. She aspired to become an engineer. Her mother entered her name in the Miss India pageant without telling her. She became Miss India and Miss World in the year 2000. Like any other beauty pageant winner she chose to become a Hindi Film Actress. Her debut movie was The Hero; Life story of a spy. It was released in 2003. She WON National Film Award for Best Actress for her film Fashion. In 2015, she was conferred to upon with Padmashri- the fourth highest civilian honour in India.
Here we are talking about the quality that took her ahead in life and sets her apart from her contemporaries.
- Talent and Hard-work– Yes, most of the actresses are talented and work really hard. So what is so special about her? Well, she is often regarded as the most hard-working actresses in Indian Film Industry. She has done She resumed shooting for her film Mary Kom four days after her father passed away. This shows her dedication towards her work.
- Choice of movies– She has never shied away from choosing unconventional paths since the beginning of her career. She essayed a negative role in the movie Aitraaz. She also chose to do a film like Fashion when she was just three- four years old in this industry when heroine-centric films were not that common. Also, played an autistic girl in Barfi.
- Risk taker– She has always been a risk taker whether it was her choice of films, music career or playing an FBI agent in American Tv Series and recently made her debut in Hollywood film Baywatch.
- Excellent communication skills– If you go through her interviews you will come to know that she is all beauty with brains. Whenever a journalist throws a googly on her she gives back a bouncer without being offensive!
- PR Machinery– She is one of the most followed celebrities of India on various social networking sites. All these sites are filled with her interviews, photo-shoots and some of her fans are constantly updating about her trips and events. She has attended all the major award functions in America this year. She has also appeared in famous talk shows like Ellen, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel.
- Daddy’s lil girl– She has got this tattooed on her right arm in father’s hand-writing. She was very close to her dad. He passed away in 2013 after a long battle with cancer.
- Attached to her roots– If you follow her on social network or watch her videos online you will come across many instances where she has been talking of India very highly. In Jimmy Fallon show she has been seen playing Holi with the host.
- Philanthropic work– She has worked with UNICEF as a goodwill ambassador for child rights and other charitable organizations. She proudly admits being a feminist and has always being vocal about gender issues. She has also launched “Save the Girl Child” campaign. In 2014, she was appointed as one of the nine nominees of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.