Going walkabout! Here are 6 reasons why you should walk or cycle to work.
- Both the methods are efficient. They will help you accomplish two things with the same activity. Choosing either of them will solve the issue of how to get to work. This will also improve your health, fitness and mental outlook.
- It’s healthy. Walking or cycling at a decent pace gives excellent cardiovascular exercise and many more health benefits.
- Nothing is cheap like these. Think about how much you pay currently for petrol, tolls, parking, upkeep on a car, travelling by bus or train versus the cost of walking or cycling to work.
- You will not only get psychological benefits of feeling better about yourself, but will offer clear mental benefits- adrenaline and endorphins. These boost the mood and provide a sense of well being.
- It’s green. It is not necessary that you have to be a die hard environmentalist to appreciate that by choosing to cycle or walk to work you are trying to reduce the negative impact of other forms of transport.
- It’s fun. It is often stressful or boring to drive to or from work. While walking or cycling is always an adventure.